Ororu: One-of-a-Kind Stainless Steel Color Development Technology
Utilizing one-of-a-kind color development technology, Ororu has established an industrial color development technique that lessens color variations between lots in a way that conventional techniques couldn’t. Combining this with new technology raises the expectation that color unevenness can be reduced more than with conventional color development methods. As a new service, “Ororu” is deploying this technology to the market. This new service, while primarily for manufacturers in the nursing care equipment, medical equipment, automotive industries, and metalworking industries, can also be used by manufacturers in a wide variety of other industries, including mechanical parts, work tools, kitchen equipment, home exterior, and entertainment machinery. Advantages include its ability to improve the color tone and design of stainless steel accessories and parts, and reduce deterioration due to rust and aging with long-term use. Also, under the NEDO (New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization) “Program to Promote Translation R&D for SMEs,” Ororu is engaged in the challenge of developing technology to color stainless steel. As a result, Ororu has succeeded in making improvements to color unevenness and lot-to-lot color variations, which conventional technologies couldn’t, and has tied that to the commercialization of the world’s only stainless steel color development technique that achieves color tone uniformity (*1).
*International patent acquisition
Ororu Presents a New Common Sense about Color
High technological capabilities are producing unprecedented effects and distinction. Since color unevenness is minimal, both color tone and design improve, yielding a new “common sense” about creating products that were considered difficult to create with conventional technology. The ability to reduce deterioration is also a major attraction.
- Hospitals and other facilities, high-accuracy diagnostic imaging equipment, medical instruments/equipment, medical appliances/apparatuses (trays), etc.
- Interior decor, interior (shift covers, door knobs, speakers, etc.), wheel covers, mufflers
- Residence, factory, and public facility handrails, fences, scaffolding, floors, walls, signs, chairs, mailboxes, kitchen, bath, toilet and other construction material exterior, tool drivers, wrenches, bolts, etc.
- Tableware (mugs, tumblers), kitchen equipment (faucets, beer servers, refrigerators), ventilation ducts, cookware (stainless steel bowls, pots), etc.
- Control panel covers, electric light fixture parts, etc.
- Medals, coins, stainless steel bowls, bicycles (frames), fish hooks, camping outfits
- Metal goods/accessories/ornaments
- Bookmarks, clock parts, bags (metal parts), commendation shields, keys, fountain pens (tips), zippers, metal frame shelves